Monday, January 30, 2012

Where Has Time Gone

It is the end of the month and here I am again. I completed my treatment last Friday. At the end it was more of an endurance thing since I was getting very tired during the day, and the tiredness still lingers even today, though things are slowly getting better.

We are scheduled to be in Seattle and to serve the class there on Saturday, February 11th. We plan to stay the night and visit the class the following morning (hopefully with Bev Christiansen in tow with us). Then we'll drive back the the BSRC and probably depart for Southern California on Tuesday.

I need to write a new talk for our memorial season and I have been thinking a lot about the book "The Cross and the Lynching Tree". There has got to be lots of good stuff in the topic for me to draw on, but I'm just getting started, so not much to share on that for now. It does remind me of a talk given by G. R. Pollock years ago called "The Wood of Life". I need to try to find it and see if it is suitable for a redo.

I also need to look up some of the books that are now available at the library through Kindle. It will be interesting to see if any of the titles that I have in mind are available.

That's all I have for now. Slowly getting better and looking forward to the Southern California trip and the succeeding trip through Texas to Mississippi and back.

by grace,
Wade

Ps 23:4 (NIV)
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment